Counselling and psychotherapy services are typically offered in person, but may also be conducted by telephone or online, using Skype, Facetime, or another online platform.
Please note: Counselling can only be offered to residents of Ontario.
Individual counselling and psychotherapy provides an opportunity for you to openly talk about your thoughts and feelings in a safe environment. Together, we can discuss your issues or concerns with:
* Body Image & Disordered Eating Behaviour
* Anxiety and Depression
* Stress Management
* Grief and Issues of Loss (including anticipatory loss)
* Romantic Relationships (including transitions after break-up, divorce or separation)
* Interpersonal Conflict (including family conflict or communication problems, workplace issues, etc.)
* Life Purpose
* Sexual Orientation and Identity
* Anger Management
* Substance Abuse and Dependence
* Unresolved Loss and Grief
* Phase of Life and/or Vocational Transitions
* Being a highly-sensitive person (HSP) and/or an empath
An ever-increasing body of evidence is showing that mindfulness-based and solutions-focused interventions are beneficial in helping clients to:
* Stay grounded in the present moment,
* Overcome unhelpful patterns of automatic reactions to thoughts, feelings and events,
* Cultivate an awareness of their reactive emotions,
* Learn to use specific strategies to respond to situations mindfully rather than react reflexively,
* Cultivate acceptance of their thoughts and feelings without judgment
* Improve concentration,
* Ease symptoms of mental and physical conditions such as stress, anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, eating disorders, drug abuse/dependence, and chronic pain,
* Increase one’s level of compassion and equanimity toward the self and others.
Mindfulness and acceptance-based therapies, including Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), are distinct forms of psychotherapy that incorporate the practice of mindfulness and acceptance-based strategies with Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). At Toronto Mindful Solutions Clinic, we incorporate these mindfulness-based therapies, along with Solutions-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT) and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) strategies to help our clients achieve their goals.
Mindfulness is the awareness that emerges when we deliberately pay attention to the present moment in a non-judgmental way. It is the act of regulating one’s attention, so that focus is grounded in the present moment, while also being aware of one’s body, thoughts, surroundings and feelings. In this way, we will be able to respond rather than react, thereby reducing the likelihood of “flipping our lid”, or acting impulsively in the heat of the moment.
A counselling session with a mindfulness and acceptance-based therapist and coach typically consists of talk therapy, along with some in-session mindfulness practices that will help reconnect you with your mind, body and feelings. Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy may also involve regular home assignments that will encourage you keep up the practice between sessions.
At Toronto's Mindful Solutions Clinic, we facilitate both one-on-one and group mindfulness coaching and training for adolescents and adults of all walks of life. Please visit our Blog to see when our next 8-week group mindfulness workshop is being offered.
Mindfulness is the art of learning to stay focused, moment to moment, without judgment. Everyday mindfulness is cultivated by assuming the attitudinal stance of focused awareness, practicing "being" (rather than doing) through acceptance and non-striving, and developing compassion for oneself and others.
Countless scientific studies have validated and supported the practice of daily mindfulness and mindfulness meditation for:
* Stress reduction,
* Pain management,
* Peace of mind,
* Greater clarity,
* Lowered anxiety and depressive symptoms,
* Lowered blood pressure,
* More restful sleep,
* Deeper spiritual connection,
* Greater creativity,
* Increased happiness,
* Increased connection with loved ones,
* An overall healthier state of mind.
Here at Toronto's Mindful Solutions Clinic, we genuinely practice what we preach through our own daily meditation practice. We wouldn't feel comfortable teaching it if we didn't experience the results for ourselves!
At Toronto Mindful Solutions Clinic, we offer three main types of services:
1. Counselling & Psychotherapy/Psychotherapy
2. Life Coaching
3. Mindfulness Training
Our goal as your psychotherapist, counsellor and life coach is to create a supportive therapeutic environment in which you can explore your emotional needs, and overcome barriers that limit your full potential. We take an open-minded approach to client wellness, and consider your work life, family traditions, cultural and spiritual beliefs, and sexual identity. We are LGBTQ-inclusive and affirmative.
Using primarily mindfulness and solutions-focused based interventions, we offer counseling and coaching session for individuals and families for a variety of concerns, including:
* Depression and Sadness
* Anxiety and Stress
* Eating Disorders
* Anger Management
* Self-Esteem Issues
* Sexual Identity Confusion, LGBTQ-related concerns
* Vocational Stress
* Family and Intimate Relationship Conflicts
* Phase of Life Problems
* Communication Issues
* Trust Issues
* Emotional Intimacy
* Goal Setting
We offer a free 30-minute telephone consultation, and are happy to answer any questions you might have.
My practice is supervised by a Registered Psychologist. As such, my counselling fees are covered by most extended health benefits (please check your coverage for Clinical Psychology or Psychotherapy).
Life Coaching is typically offered by telephone, Skype, Facetime, or other online platforms.
Please note: Coaching services may be offered to clients worldwide.
Professional Coaching is a distinct service which focuses on your life as it relates to goal setting, outcome-creating, and personal change management and self-development. Coaching is forward-moving and future focused. While counselling will typically explore emotional issues which may be hampering your emotional functioning in the present, coaching works to create new possibilities for your future.
Do any of the following situations resonate with you?
* You want to get on a solid career path
* You want to get over old patterns
* There is something at stake
* You don't know what you want to be when you grow up
* You want to live a life you're proud of
* Your work and life are out of balance, and this is creating unwanted consequences
* You have a need and a desire to be better organized and more self-managing
* You want to get more done in less time
* You want to learn to communicate much more effectively
* You want to feel better physically, emotionally and spiritually
* You want to substantially increase your quality of life
* You want to become closer with others
* You want to eliminate the hassles and stresses of life
* You want to understand your strengths and values
* You want to develop your personal foundation and life purpose
* You want to live a more satisfying, balanced and successful life
* You want to feel your connection to a world larger than yourself
* You want to fulfill your spirit
* You want to access your heart's intelligence
Life coaching can help you to listen to your inherent wisdom that draws you toward wholeness and health. As the body and mind address and integrate what you've been resisting, and release blocks and obstacles, you will become free to soar. In the this process, you will be able to let go of your limiting beliefs and blocks, gain greater self-trust and confidence, and open your heart to your passion and inner wisdom.
For more information about our coaching services, please visit our coaching webpage: Find Your Bliss Coaching.